Warning if you haven’t watched the movie this may spoil you so do watch it first. 🙂
But if it doesn’t mind you, you can continue.
Now let’s have some short story telling.
I mean just a short summary of the movie.
Here it goes.
It is a story Chef Carl Casper, who suddenly quits his job at a prominent Los Angeles restaurant after refusing to compromise his creative integrity for its controlling owner, he is left to figure out what’s next. Finding himself in Miami, he teams up with his ex-wife, his friend and his son to launch a food truck. Taking to the road, Chef Carl goes back to his roots to reignite his passion for the kitchen — and zest for life and love.
Very short right? :))
Yes, I just copied it. It’s not what I’ll talk about anyway.
Now let’s get started.
Did you know or you may notice the movie has a different side?
Yes there is, because I did not find the movie as a normal story like what the summary is told.
For me, it’s a story of a Marketer.
Yes, you read it right, Marketer.
5 things that a Marketer or Start up business can learn in the movie Chef 2014.
1. Content – In the movie the boy has documented of what they are doing by taking a video and images, from the moment they start making the food truck until they’re finally open to public by going from different places. He also takes pictures while they’re in their journey, while they are busy doing stuff, the long line of the people who want to buy from them. With these pictures it makes the people entertain, got an update and also got curious. It can also talk a lot about a business.
2. Social media marketing- in the movie social media have played a big role, especially Twitter where it was used as the main medium. You can notice how Twitter was used, that eventually makes their food truck viral, I said viral because a lot of people line up for them whenever they Tweet where will there be. Using social media can increase a sale or customers in a business.
3. Influencer – in the movie there was a famous food critic who blogs about top foods or restaurants that said an Influencer can help a business to up or in a worst case make it shut down. He can influence people where to go because he already has the authority. Connecting to influencer that is related to your business will help your business well.
4. Value of product – in the movie there was a scene where he asks his son if he should still serve the burned buns to the customer. Valuing the customer has also valued the product. Giving quality product will make a satisfied customer that may buy again. Nothing beats a happy customer right? 🙂
5. Passion – well, it’s so obvious in the movie, Chef Carl is so passionate with cooking and gives his heart whenever he cooks. That’s why his business became successful.
And that’s it. Hope it can help somehow.